What is Chronic Lyme Disease?
Because it begins with flu-like symptoms, most people don’t seek medical help until the Borrelia burgdorferi bacteria has spread. And because it is spread by ticks, people still think that they can only get Lyme Disease during a walk in the woods. This is not so. Lyme Disease has struck in all 50 US states and in over 80 countries around the world. Symptoms of Chronic Lyme Disease include:
- Swollen or painful joints
- Muscle twitches
- Memory loss or cognitive impairment
- Nerve issues (pains, numbness, tingling)
- Psychological challenges (depression, mood swings, etc.)
- Sleep disorders (insomnia, interrupted sleep, etc.)